Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Are You Ready?

When contemplating my own level of preparedness for the plunge, the old childhood chant comes to mind:


One for the money - Two for the show
Three to get ready, and Four to go!


Photo courtesy of creative commons http://www.flickr.com/photos/d10b/
I took advantage of the holiday weekend to catch up on my RSS feeds. How desperately I need to get on a schedule to do this regularly, but 10 days in four Asian countries followed by 7 days on the west coast and ending with 8 days in India is enough to help me feel justified for irregularities in my rituals.

Irrespective of my personal wars, Janet Lee Johnson has been absolutely inspiring over the past few weeks! I enjoy following her on twitter and seeing the world of public relations and interconnectivity through her eyes, but it was downright comforting to hear her echo my friend and former colleague, Jeff Utecht, regarding strategies for increasing blog visibility. One of her recommendations rang particularly familiar: the trackback to the Technorati Profile as an absolute must.

So now I must fill out another profile. Call me lazy, but it will temporarily be a cut-and-paste from the presenter bio for an upcoming workshop at the Near East South Asia (NESA) conference in Amman, Jordan. I have joined so many networks, filled out so many profiles, and attached so many pictures, I feel as though I just came from a wine and cheese in a new position.
(image from NESA Center Gallery - Spring Educators' Conference)
I'm not complaining. I'm thankful that web 2.0 matches what Debbie Silva would call my ADD-OS personality (Attention Deficit Disor . . . . OOOOOH! SPARKLIES!!!). I can flit and float from network to network, finding what this still-creative mind craves for the moment.

Yet I wonder if I'm ready to make the bold commitment. Do I want a following on my blog (do I have one and not know it? Gotta upload that new Google gadget!). Most importantly: do I want to make the commitment to be an ongoing part of very meaningful conversations that, when done at the level of Janet's or Jeff's or my friend Andy's can inspire thought and excellence.
Yes. I'm ready. To learn.
Yes, I'm ready, to love.

To fall into the blog
To keep up with the blog
To commit to the blog
Right now.
If you can name the tune from which those lyrics are borrowed/tweaked, than your as much of a dinosaur as I am.

Let's keep it real: That which doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. Crank it up, y'all!








See you next week! Leave a thought or two.



No comments: