Sunday, December 30, 2007

'Tis the Season

It has been an exciting holiday week:

  • My mother was ecstatic about her iPod Nano-video. I felt cheap for not getting her the touch screen!

  • My mother-in-law was not. She wasn't sure it was compatible with her wmv books on tape and didn't want to take the time for me to show her how to import. It did take her over a year to take her new computer out of the box. . .
  • My husband is home from Saudi. We've been together for 10 straight days with another week to come!

  • Mom's house is wireless. One trip to Best Buy, and my husband and I are emailing URL's for "you gotta see this" things

  • I bonded with my 16 mo. old nephew. He cuddles with me, and sits on my lap for fingerplay songs.


  • One niece added me to her facebook account. Two others accepted my request. We're planning a girls' weekend in NYC for 2008.



  • I'm increasingly aware of what an integrated part of our lives modern technology and the internet are. What prohibits it from being an embedded part of curriculum design, teaching, and learning?
I also wonder what goals I should set for the next year. A pep talk from a brother-in-law focused me toward Plato's Republic; I turned him toward Moore's Utopia. I only want to make the world a better place.







No comments: